SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Cage Mods - thoughts?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
1TUFZUK

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Cage Mods - thoughts?   Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:29 pm

The first pic is how it sits right now. As SDHQ Jeff knows, there are some issues with current design. First off, the welds are not great but those could be grinded and fixed up a little. Second is the roof area doesn't go back far enough to cover my head from the sun (see the headrest, it's not even covered). 3rd is the front tires rub hard on the front of the slider tube. I also would like to extend the profile of the cage to sorta match the wheelbase, it's pretty long. Still not quite sure how the rear end would tie together. Getting rid of that enclosed metal area. It's not that big so it really doesn't help much. Also, by extending the cage to the rear, I can make the dovetail taper less severe, making any kind of storage area back there larger. I know SDHQ does some great cosmetic work so I'm hoping you guys can come up with something really nice cuz I want to get that work done asap, when you finish my steering. Thanks

The second pic is my redesign. Thoughts?
The 3rd pic is an idea I have for the new front grill area, still playing around with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1TUFZUK

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Cage Mods - thoughts?   Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:00 am

Threw this together really fast to show thoughts or rear end. Very slopy I know but it was a rush job.

[img]I did this up real quick. Kinda give you an idea of what I was seeing for the rear.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEADONE

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Cage Mods - thoughts?   Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:17 pm

I WOULD X BRACE ACROSS THE BACK TO TIE IT ALL TOGETHER. BUT MAN THAT LOOKS GOOD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cage Mods - thoughts?   

Back to top Go down

Cage Mods - thoughts?
Page 1 of 1