SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

mdr night race aug 16th 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
turbo-toy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: mdr night race aug 16th 2008   Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 am

is anyone going to the night race? i am trying to get my truck ready.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
turbo-toy

PostSubject: Re: mdr night race aug 16th 2008   Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 am

1482 race report;

We started off our race weekend on Friday morning loading all of our pit equipment & the race truck. Left home at around 9:30am & headed to SDHQ for a few supplies & an extra bump can some tee shirts & hats for the pit crew. We left out of SDHQ with huge smiles & thanking them for the sponsor support. Thanks again you all rock. From there we head into phoenix & pick up the rest of the pit crew & my co driver, get all their stuff loaded & now we look like the Clampids headed to Beverly [hills that is] but we donít give a shit me are going racing. We finally make it to Lucerne at about 8pm, man what a drive unload everything & set up camp, have a few drinks & go to bed. Saturday morning we get up early & head out for a prerun, the truck is working perfect. The track has a little bit of everything from fast whoop roads to slow rock trails, we end the prerun confident we can put together a podium finish. Around 6pm we line up for the race, we are starting 30th out of 47 trucks I think. The green flag drops & we leave the line like bats out of hell & head up towards the rock pile about 3-4 miles from s/f. in that 3 or 4 miles we pass 3 or 4 trucks, now we are pumped & I drop the hammer & the new motor is running great but Scott says the temp is coming up to 210 so I back off a little & we set our pace. The next 10 or so miles we pass 9-10 more trucks & we are making some good time. Then at around rm30 I hit a huge rock & blow the left front tire, no problem we jump out get that taken care of &we are back racing. Now we need to make up some time for the flat change so I pick up our pace a little [85-90mph] as we head back to main. Stop off at main pit for a little fuel & a spare & we are gone [great pit the guys were on it] now were headed back towards the rock pile & this time we have clean air so I have the truck hammered & we put on a little show at the rock pile jump & head off into the desert. Then we gat to rm 6 & scott yells out the temp has gone up to 250 oooow shit not good. So I pull off the track & we check the truck over & it doesnít seem to be that hot, we pull the radiator cap to make sure itís full & it looks good so we sit for a little bit & wait for the truck to cool. It finally cools to around 150 so we jump back on the track with in 2 min or so the temp is back up to 250 so we pull back off & we canít find a problem but it looks like we might have blown a head gasket or there is something wrong with the temp sending unit [I hope it is just the sending unit]. Not knowing for sure what the problem is we decide to call it a night & save the motor. It really sucks to drive all this way for one lap but I guess thatís racing.. Thanks again & I hope I can make it to snow flakeÖ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
turbo-toy

PostSubject: Re: mdr night race aug 16th 2008   Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:48 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mdr night race aug 16th 2008   

Back to top Go down

mdr night race aug 16th 2008